Thursday, February 25, 2010

Going My way

I'm writing this without any idea of what I'm about to say. My kids and my daughter-in-law are doing such a nice job of blogging, that I feel I need to keep up. My life is not as exciting as theirs, I'm afraid, so that presents a bit of a dilemma. I want to write, but what should I write that would be interesting, yet profound, or at least a bit humorous. Well, how about this?

Today as I was driving to Sheboygan minding my own business, but certainly paying attention to the road, I was a bit surprised to see a car coming towards me on my side of the highway. Had I been asleep at the switch and crossed to the other side? I didn't think so. So, what was going on? Specifically, was this really happening to me? I only had a few seconds to think, when all at once, right before my eyes appeared an exit ramp. I had been so focused on the crazy car coming at me, that I hadn't noticed I was near an exit...and actually MY exit. So I did what any normal driver would do and casually swerved over to the right (checking my mirrors, first of course) and got out of the runaway car before he crashed into me.

I watched to see what happened, but he was gone. I turned on the radio later on, but no news of an accident on the highway. Now this was really puzzling. What had just happened here?

I drove home just a little leery of running into another car going the wrong way, but happily that didn't happen. I was scared. My heart was racing and beating so hard I started sweating. Pretty soon I was kicking my legs to free myself of the covers that were wrapped around my legs. Huh? I thought of pinching myself, but decided to open up my eyes instead. There I was, safe and sound in my little bed, albeit a tad warm. And you thought Lily had bad dreams!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha! good story! though I hate those kind of dreams that scare you half to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does put Lily's dreams to shame!! Fun story...glad it was only a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I'm glad it was only a dream! Good Post, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good story, glad you were only dreaming.

    ReplyDelete