Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Around the Corner

I was looking over my old posts and discovered that when I wrote about going to visit Chrissy in Minnesota, I neglected one very important aspect of the weekend. That would be our trip to Austin, Minnesota, home of the Spam Museum. That's right, the Spam Museum. Roger loves Spam, so he was in his element. He actually purchased a Spam hat, T-shirt, refrigerator magnet, a few cans of Spam, and some other memorabilia from said museum. So, you might say, how could I forget such a major part of our Minnesota experience? Hmmmm. What can I say? I guess it "slipped" my mind.

Now for the latest update at the Klumb home. Except for putting in fence posts that will eventually hold up our snow fence, our major projects are just about over. Roger and I canned 20 quarts of sauerkraut. We have a plethora of canned things, and I really don't want to see another thing that might need to be canned.

I've put away the fall things and cleaned the house. Guess what that means? It means that now we have lots of room for my very favorite time of year...Christmas! The Christmas night lights are all aglow, and Roger even got down the new outdoor lights that will look totally different from years past. White lights are gone, multicolored ones are here...along with blue (which I thought were white LED) but it's okay. We're trying for a new look outside, and we're going to get it. With the mild November weather that we're enjoying, we'll take advantage of it and put them up tomorrow. Should be fun.

Autumn is fading into the sunset, and that means only one thing. Christmas is not far behind...in fact, it's just around the corner!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lights with COLORS!? Can it be true!? Jeff would be so very proud of you. Now all you need is a big inflatable snow man, some giant candy canes, a flashing neon sign that says 'Santa's Workshop' to put up on your roof, and you will be good to go in his book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I am speechless. Blue Lights??? A new look??? Am I in the twighlight zone???

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I love your new Christmas blog!!!

    ReplyDelete