Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And Then There Were Sixteen

As I wrote in my Christmas cards this past week, I bragged about all my children and all my grandchildren, and explained that we soon would have an addition to our growing family in the form of a baby from South Korea. So it is with great excitement to have learned today that our new little baby will be a girl!!!! We were so hoping that Lara would get to have a roommate and a little sister, and it's going to happen. So we're very anxious to meet our new family member, Molly Jo Lynn, and welcome her into the family!

As Christmas is getting closer, the baking has begun...well, sort of. After messing up big time with the first batch of Scotch shortbreads, I tossed out the whole thing and started over, only to have to toss that one too. So, tomorrow is supposed to bring a snowstorm, and what an opportune time to bake!! So, wish me luck as I attempt for the third time to make the easiest cookie in the world!

I got to talk to both of my granddaughters today, and both are looking forward to the snowstorm. In the Justus family, they're going to make fudge, watch movies, play outside, etc.

In the Krehbiel family they're going to eat snacks, stomp in the snow, if they can, and just have fun staying around the house enjoying being hold up.

As for us, a little baking, maybe another batch of chex mix, more mint meringues, lots of snowblowing for poor Roger, and lots of snacks for the two of us.

As for Chrissy and Jeff, we worry about getting Willy and Eddie to go out in the storm. As for Roger and Brittany and Jeff and Adam, we worry about them getting to work in the storm. We're not at all worried about Eric, because we know his plans. :)

Looks like we're going to have another white Christmas! Who can complain about that?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your baking tomorrow!!! Have a safe and snug day inside!!!

    PS. Yay for Molly!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try the p-nut butter cup thingies with rolos!!...mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete