Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where Is Everyone?

The tree is still up, but some of the decorations are gone...packed away until next November when I pull them out, put them up way too early, but have the pleasure of enjoying them all for almost two months.

This was probably the best Christmas ever, and I'm sorry it's over. I didn't want this one to ever end. But end they do, and now it is New Year's Eve, and for the first time in thirty seven years Roger and I are celebrating the night by ourselves.
It's not really our choice. Yours truly has been hit hard with just about every kind of short term illness that tends to really bring you down. So the long and short of it is that since I'm not really feeling good enough to go out, we're staying in and celebrating as we did before we had children. Um...not exactly the same way. In those days we'd stop at the local liquor store for some bubbly and then let the celebration begin. Not to be outdone by the good old days, we have some bubbly this year too...sparkling grape juice. Not the same...just a little different.

I know Roger and I will enjoy ourselves tonight...we do like doing things together...but it will be different. Not that that's a bad thing. Next year's end will find us back to partying at the Krehbiel's annual New Year's Ever bash.

This year, however, we're saying, "Where Is Everyone?"

1 comment: