Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

This past summer Roger and I had this great vegetable garden and I vowed I would do my part by keeping out the weeds. I even planted a few vegetables behind the house in my flower bed.
What we weren't counting on was a drought. Lots of rain in the spring, and no rain in the summer. the only day it rained this summer was the day Greta, Heidi and I had a rummage sale in Baraboo. And then it poured, and pretty much ruined what could have been a great sale.
So, fast forward to October. We've had several frosts so the gardens are done. Vegetables have been harvested, and all we need is to get out and cut back our plants, cut down and cover the roses, roto till the garden and sit back and enjoy the winter months. But hold on a minute...it's raining. Not just yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that, but most every day for weeks, it seems. And so, our gardens sit waiting away for the gardeners (that would be us) to trim them back and get them ready for the months ahead.
What's the forecast for the upcoming week? More rain.

Well, since we can't work outside, and since the house has been renewed and revamped, the only thing left to do is shop. And so, let the Christmas shopping begin!!!! I began in earnest on Saturday, and plan to continue to hit all the malls inspite of the inclement weather. Rain will not put a damper on my holiday shopping, no siree! This week Mayfair, next week Bayshore, and from there, who knows? Perhaps Chicago or even Baraboo. Rain if you will, but for me and my shopping, we will be undaunted and we will prevail!!!!

4 comments:

  1. yea for shopping!!! I want to shop in Chicago too :)... and Baraboo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! :-) Although, let's be honest...I'm almost done. Seriously, people; I'm almost completely done Christmas shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost completely done too. Finished the grandchildren this afternoon, and since none of you are getting anything this year, I'm good to go.
    Ha, ha!!!

    ReplyDelete