Sunday, January 10, 2010

Inspiring Thoughts and an Inspiring Day

Today has been a very special day. Our new church meetinghouse was dedicated today.
In addition, it was Branch Conference, and all the talks were uplifting and well put together. It has been a day of personal gratitude for the inspiration I received and witnessed.

In Relief Society on Ward Conference Day, the Relief Society President speaks for 10-15 minutes, followed by the Stake President, who turns the time over to the Stake Relief Society President for the remainder of the meeting. I did not participate in today's program, but I was still very much affected by it. Chris Wolski, RS Pres, began by telling us that at the last minute she felt prompted to change her planned talk on "goals" to one of sharing her conversion story, a story that involved other RS sisters reaching out to her to help her on her journey as a new convert. Jan Fritz, (Stake RS Pres) talked about how she had planned for 6 months to speak on a certain subject, only to be feeling that wasn't what she was supposed to focus on. So, like Chris, in the 11th hour, Jan changed her talk to focus on sisters in Zion working together, helping each other, being friends to each other, etc.This will be her talk for all the upcoming Ward and Branch Conferences this year. So, Chris and Jan ended up unknowingly talking about the same thing, but in tandem, not duplication. It was a wonderful lesson, and very inspiring.

Where do I fit into all this? Well, last week Jan Fritz asked me to represent the RS President in the City Branch on Sunday, Jan 17th, and to talk for 10-15 minutes.
I, too, had something in mind to talk about. Like Chris and Jan experiences, the Lord had something else in mind for me. I felt prompted to sit down at my computer one night last week and write my talk. I didn't make a rough draft. I just started typing. In less that an hour, my talk was done, and until today, I didn't realize how inspired I had been. My talk was about the six sisters who loved me into the church, and how RS Sisters in partnership with God lift souls and help spirits live.
(The same thing Chris and Jan discussed today). I don't recall another time where the inspiration was so direct and so apparent as it was to me today. I'm very grateful for this special inspiring day.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful story, Mom! I'm very happy that your new building is dedicated and you have your very own church now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good story Mom. And I second Chrissy...I'm so glad you guys have such a beautiful building!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy too for your new beautiful building!!! Very interesting Mom :)... I love hearing those kind of stories!

    ReplyDelete