Sunday, January 24, 2010

Slooooow Down

Did you ever have trouble getting off a treadmill when it's running fast and you can't stop it? I haven't, but I can imagine what it's like because I experienced something like it last week.

I was going, going, going, and couldn't seem to unwind, or slow down, or calm down.
It had been a hectic few days of teaching lessons and doctor's appointments and lab visits, etc. Part of the ride had been so much fun, like the lessons I taught. Part of the ride, on the other hand, had been a bit frightening.

Finally, it all came to a screeching halt when I was minding my own business on the treadmill of life that I couldn't seem to slow down, when all of a sudden the motor
died and there I was, falling asleep at lunch in a restaurant with three other ladies. I couldn't seem to roust myself, and finally one of my lunch friends suggested that I go home and get some rest.

It wasn't really rest I needed, as much as time to unwind and stop running.

I'm happy to report that I took time out to calm down, settle, take her easy, and just enjoy. Roger & I went to a movie, I did some fun shopping, I finished a wonderful book I was reading, and I took time to breathe and enjoy what's going on around me. And, guess what? I'm looking forward to another week of doing the same thing!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mom! Are you going to read the next Goose Girl book this week???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get off the treadmill and take a little nap. Thanks for the fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a nice, relaxing week and enoy all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete